Effective date: 1/1/2021
HESUNG INNOVATION CORP, having its registered address at 377 Valley Rd, Unit #2686, Clifton, NJ 07013 is the responsible controller for the processing of your information.
1. What information do we collect?
Information Provided by Users
- Your Account information: You provide your email, or log in for a third-party account (like Facebook), to create an online or application account ("Account") or subscribe to our communications. If you refuse to provide such information, you may not be able to use the Services properly. When creating your Account, you may be asked to enter certain information, such as: your name, avatar, age, gender, address, telephone number and email address.
- Customer Support: When you contact us, you can provide us with information about your use of the Services, including information about the Dreo products ("Products") that you own and contact details, so that we can provide customer support. For example, you can send an email to Customer Support that contains information about our Dreo Tower Fan performance, and other issues.
Device and Other Automatically Collected Information
- Device properties and operations: We collect certain information from and about your smartphone, tablet, or personal computer (“Device”), such as: Device number, model, hardware and software version, signal intensity, Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, and other information. We also collect information about the operations you perform on the Device, such as time, frequency, and duration of use.
- Cookies: Cookies are small text files that are sent to or accessed from your web browser or your computer’s hard drive. A cookie typically contains the name of the domain (internet location) from which the cookie originated, the "lifetime" of the cookie (i.e., when it expires) and a randomly generated unique number or similar identifier. A cookie also may contain information about Device, such as: user settings, browsing history, and activities conducted while using the Services.
- Server logs: A server log is a list of the activities that a server performs. Dreo’s servers automatically collect and store in server logs certain information, such as: your search queries, IP addresses, hardware settings, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request, referral URL, and certain cookies that identify your browser or Account.
Our Services use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies, which are required for the operation of the Services. Without them, for example, you would not be able to use your Account.
- Analytical/performance cookies, which allow Dreo to recognize and count the number of visitors, learn how visitors navigate the Services, and improve the Services.
- Functionality cookies, which Dreo uses to recognize you when you return to the Services.
- To learn more about cookies and web beacons, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
2. What do we use your information for?
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- To process transactions: We use your information to process payments you make through the Services.
- To send periodic emails: The email address you provide for order processing or for your Account may be used to send you information and updates pertaining to your order, in addition to receiving occasional company news, updates, related Product or Services information, including sending you updates to our terms and policies and other important messages from time to time. We may also send you marketing and promotional communications we believe might be relevant to your interests.
- Security and privacy: - We use your information to verify Account details and activity. We also use your information to promote the security and privacy of the Services, such as investigating suspicious activities or violations of our terms.
- Advertising and business information: We may show advertisements to you and others for our Products and third-party products based on the information we have collected from you.
- Accessing Third-Party Accounts: We use your information, including Third-Party Account information, to permit your Products and the Services to access Third-Party Accounts. These Third-Party Accounts may allow you to share personal information through our Services, such as Facebook posts or pictures. Because this kind of information can be public, you should exercise care in what you choose to submit to Third-Party Accounts. Please adjust your Third-Party Account privacy settings appropriately.
3. How is this information shared?
- Third-party providers: We share your information with third-party providers that we work with to help us operate, provide, analyze, improve, understand, customize, support, and market the Services.
- Third-party services: When you use third-party services, such as through Third-Party Accounts that integrate with the Products and Services, they may receive your information. When you use third-party services, their own terms and privacy policies will apply to your use of these services.
- Regulatory and legal issues: - We may also release your information to third parties when we believe it is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our terms and policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property, or safety.
4. How do we protect your information?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your information when you place an order or enter, submit, or access your information. We offer the use of a secure server.
5. How can you manage information about you, including your Account?
We provide you with the ability to review, manage, or delete your information.
- Changing your email, nickname, and more: You can review and change your Account profile information by logging in to your Account and visiting your Account settings page.
- Deleting your Account: If you want to delete your Account, you may do so on your Account settings page. Deleting your Account will remove the personally identifiable information associated with your Account.
6. Do Not Track Disclosure
7. Third-Party Websites
Our Services are not directed to, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from, children under the age of 16. If you are under 16, please do not attempt to fill out our forms or send any personal information about yourself to us. If we become aware that a child under 16 has provided us with personal information, we will take steps to delete such information from our files.
9. Notice for California Residents
This section applies only to California residents. Pursuant to the CCPA, below is a summary for the last twelve (12) months of the personal information categories, as identified and defined by the CCPA (see California Civil Code section 1798.140 (o)), that we collect, the reason we collect the personal information, where we obtain the personal information, and the third parties that we may share the personal information.
We generally collect the following categories of personal information when you use our Services:
identifiers such as a name, address, unique personal identifier, email, phone number, your device’s IP address, software, and identification numbers associated with your devices;
commercial information such as records of products or services purchased, obtained, or considered by you;
Internet or other electronic information regarding you browsing history, search history, the webpage visited before you came to our Site, length of visit and number of page views, click-stream data, locale preferences, your mobile carrier, date and time stamps associated with transactions, and system configuration information;
your geolocation, to the extent you have configured your device to permit us to collect such information;
audio recordings of your voice to the extent you call us, as permitted under applicable law; and inferences about your preferences, characteristics, behavior and attitudes.
We collect your personal information for the business purposes described in section 2. The CCPA defines a “business purpose” as the use of personal information for the business’s operational purposes, or other notified purposes, provided the use of personal information is reasonably necessary and proportionate to achieve the operational purpose for which the personal information was collected or another operational purpose that is compatible with the context in which the personal information was collected.
The categories of third parties with whom we may share your personal information are listed above in section 3, above.
If you are a California resident, you have rights in relation to your personal information; however, your rights are subject to certain exceptions. For instance, DREO cannot disclose specific pieces of personal information if the disclosure would create a substantial, articulable, and unreasonable risk to the security of the personal information, your account with us or the security of our network systems. To assert your right to know or your right to delete your personal information, please contact us by email at section 13. To confirm your identity, we may ask you to verify personal information we already have on file for you. If we cannot verify your identity based on the information we have on file, we may request additional information from you, which we will only use to verify your identity, and for security or fraud-prevention purposes.
Right Against Discrimination. You have the right not to be discriminated against for exercising any of the rights described in this section. We will not discriminate against you for exercising your right to know, delete or opt-out of sales.
Right to Know. You have the right to request in writing: (i) a list of the categories of personal information, such as name, address, email address, that a business has disclosed to third parties during the immediately preceding calendar year for the third parties' direct marketing purposes, and (ii) the names and addresses of all such third parties. In addition, you have the right to request: (i) the categories of personal information we have collected about you, (ii) the categories of sources from which personal information is collected, (iii) the business or commercial purpose for the information collection, (iv) the categories of third parties with whom we have shared personal information, and (v) the specific pieces of personal information we hold about an individual. You have the right to request a copy of the specific personal information we collected about you during the 12 months before your request.
Right to Delete. You have the right to request us delete any personal information we have collected from you or maintain about you, subject to certain exceptions.
Right to Opt-Out of Selling. You have the right to opt-out of having your personal information sold.
We do not sell your personal information. The CCPA broadly defines “personal information” and “selling” such that sharing identifiers linked to you for a benefit may be considered a sale. In 2019, we were sharing identifiers and inferences about you with our partners, third parties and affiliates in such a way that, under the CCPA, may be defined as selling. As noted above, you have the right to know the categories of personal information that we sold about you and the categories of third parties with whom we shared such information.
In addition, California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits customers of DREO who are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third-parties for their direct marketing purposes. In your request, please specify that you want a “California Shine the Light Notice.” Please allow 30 days for a response.
10. Can you withdraw your consent to our collection and/or use of information?
You may withdraw your consent to collect, use, and/or disclose your personally identifiable information held or controlled by us by submitting a request to firstname.lastname@example.org or following the below directions on deleting your Account. Based on the extent to which you withdraw your consent, the functionality of your Account, Products, and Services may be effected, including loss of access or use of your Account, Products, and/or Services.
11. How long will the data be stored?
13. How can you contact Dreo with questions?
If you have any questions or concerns, Email Us: email@example.com