Tower fans are some of the best fans money can buy. These fans are not just for cooling a room, they can deliver rapid airflow within an area in just a few seconds. Either way, tower fans are steadily gaining prominence in the home appliances segment because of their aesthetics, versatility, and functionality.
But selecting the best tower fan goes beyond lip service or fancy packaging. Buyers need to equip themselves with actionable information on critical factors before making a purchase decision. This blog outlines some of these factors alongside some of the best dreo tower fan models.
Choosing a Tower Fan for Various Setups
One size does not fit all when it comes to oscillatory tower fans. Depending on the setup or space where the tower fan is supposed to go, your choice for an oscillatory tower fan may differ. From experience, several factors are responsible for the quest to find what is the best tower fan, and they are:
The size of a tower fan is a primary consideration for tower fan buyers. We believe that a tower fan should be moderate in performing its core function effectively without seeming out of place wherever it finds itself. The general rule of thumb is to use a bigger fan for larger areas and vice versa.
Energy considerations when buying a tower fan could be the difference between your tower fan’s longevity and even playing a central role in safety. It is recommended that tower fan buyers ensure that the device they purchase runs at the same voltage and frequency common to their particular region.
Although several tower fans come with infrared remote controls, we still find it quite important that buyers be on the lookout for it. That way, they can derive pleasure from operating the tower fan from a distance, which allows users to perform specific actions automatically at pre-established times.
As we earlier associated with the energy deliberation, other safety factors need contemplation when picking out an oscillatory tower fan. If kids are going to be regularly present in the area where a tower fan is to be deployed, Dreo experts suggest that buyers go for a tower fan which blades are well-insulated and child-proofed or bladeless to prevent accidents at home or the workplace.
5. Noise Level
Noise from a tower fan, especially one deployed at home, is undesirable and can bring more discomfort than ease. Therefore, we recommend that buyers should be on the lookout for a tower fan that is mechanically solid and well-constructed.
6. Speed Setting
It is quite common to find tower fans with only three control speed settings, and this is a form of restriction on the performance and utilization of a tower fan. Buyers should choose a fan with multiple speed controls to cater to various weather conditions.
Dreo Hot-Selling Tower Fan Models
Whether you’re looking to cool down the entire living room or just one particular corner of your living space, Dreo tower fans embody all the aforementioned features and are a great alternative to standing fans and other electric fans. Some of their top-selling products basically answer the question of what is the best tower fans, and they are:
- Why Choose: With a sleek brush metal finish and minimalist build, this electrical art piece can fit anywhere in a home space. The Dreo Pilot Max comes in four control modes and 12 speeds with a quiet max output of just 34 decibels, making it perfect for work and relaxation.
- Price: $129.99
- Why Choose: This slightly smaller yet compact 36-inch oscillating tower fan is powerful and can fit anywhere in a living space. By oscillating up to 90 degrees, the Dreo Nomad One can reach wide areas of any living space while still churning out air at a whooping 24ft/s.
- Price: $69.99
- Why Choose: This is a masterpiece that operates maximum power without making much noise. The Dreo Pilot Pro comes in 9 speeds and modes, with a self-mounting base, making it suitable for home or the workplace.
- Price: $109.99
- Why Choose: As its name implies, this 42-inch tower fan can cater to either the home or workplace. Some of its features include a 12-hr automatic timer and six optimization speeds, making it suitable for all weather conditions all year round.
- Price: $89.99
- Why Choose: Similar in build to the Dreo 42 inch Whole Room Air Circulating Tower Fan, the Dreo 42'' High-Velocity Oscillatory Tower Fan support rapid cooling at 24ft/s, comes with four control modes (normal, natural, sleep, and auto), while still staying quiet at only 34 decibels.
- Price: $89.99
- Why Choose: The full-on lightweight plastic build of the Dreo 40'' Portable oscillating tower fan makes it the perfect candidate for portability and maneuverability. It also comes in four operating modes and speeds, with a 12-hr off-timer system.
- Price: $79.99
FAQs About Oscillatory Tower Fans
1.Are Tower Fans Better Than Regular Fans?
While both devices do a good job cooling a living or workspace, a tower fan offers more utility than a regular fan as it can perform additional functions than its counterpart like air purification, rapid cooling, and even lighting on some occasions. Besides, a tower fan adds more decoration value to a living space than a regular fan.
2.Does a Tower Fan Cool a Room?
Yes, a tower fan can cool down a room. Unlike regular fans, tower fans apply a form of heat transfer called convection to transfer and remove heat wherever it is running in.
3.What is a Good CFM for a Tower Fan?
There is no fixed CFM for a tower fan, and the best CFM usually depends on the room size. The general rule of thumb for CFM is:
- Under 200 square feet: 3,000 CFM or less
- 200 to 300 square feet: 3,000 to 4,000 CFM
- 300 to 450 square feet: 4,000 to 6,000 CFM
- Over 450 square feet: 6,000 to 1,000 CFM
4.Are Tower Fans Expensive to Run?
Tower fans are inexpensive to run. On average, tower fans consume 56.5 Watts, which going by the average cost of electricity in the U.S, costs only $1.4 per week or $5.6 per month to run non-stop.
Why Choose Dreo?
Don’t be intimidated or confused by the number of tower fan buying options that are available in today’s market. After a little bit of research, you will find that the question of what is the best tower fan can be narrowed down to one brand, which is Dreo.
We at Dreo are dedicated to developing home appliances and sustainable living products for mass adoption. Irrespective of your peculiar home, work, or recreational needs, the Dreo tower fans catalog caters to diverse users, all at an affordable price.